Monday, June 19, 2017

Berry Thanks




 2017

It's nice to help our teachers and staff feel loved. This year I re-did an end of the year gift I made in 2015. A berry basket filled with a mini Bon Maman strawberry jam jars (found on Amazon), a Fair Scone; freshly baked this morning and individually wrapped, and a plastic knife; for spreading jam and a tag to tie it all together.


To make the basket I used the Stampin' Up berry basket die cut for the Big Shot. This year I did it in Bermuda Bay colored card stock. Then I used the Apple of My Eye stamp set to make the tag. By turning the pear upside down and adding two of the medium leaves you can make a strawberry. I used Real Red and Bermuda Bay ink.


Then to make it easy to carry without squishing everything, I used a rimmed cookie sheet to carry it around the school while the kids passed them out.


2015

My computer crashed back in February 2017 and as a result I lost "My Digital Studio" (Stampin' Up's design program). I used it to make the tag for the baskets made in 2015 as well as the sticker on the scones. Other differences from this year are a wooden knife; which I couldn't get online fast enough this year, real polk-a-dot ribbon; instead of curling ribbon. And because I was extra crazy that year... I made tiny little strawberries to hang off the tag. The basket was made of Tempting Turquoise card stock.




School is out! Now go enjoy summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment