Cake pops or brownie pops are really fun for parties. But its so much nicer to have something to display them on. Use the following steps to make a stand for your cake pops. NOTE: I only use the stands for display and not for making them. I use a Styrofoam block to make them which gets pretty abused by candy melt and sprinkles.
To make a cake pop stand you will need the following items:
1) Buy a piece of wood cut the shape you want at your local craft store. Mine has a nice edge already done on it.
2) Collect these items: paint, paint brush, spray-on finish, pencil, ruler, drill, 9/64 in. (3,57 mm) drill bit.
3) Unwrap, measure and mark on the wood where you want the cake pops to go with an x.
4) Drill yourself, or have someone you trust with a drill, at the center of each x. You do not need to drill all the way through the board. I do not recommend drilling on a nice table, outside is best.
5) Sand around the holes you just drilled and use a cake pop stick to help move out all the unnecessary splinters.
6) Paint the desired color and spray it with a clear finish, to make it easy for it to be wiped off if dirtied.
7) Let air-out over night outside because the finish is smelly.
And Voila! You can now display cake pops easy to grab at your party.
Here is a picture of a shower that I helped with that used both my stands.